Question for hiv test
Sir/mam good evening actually I had a risky exposure past 180 day with a girl with unknown HIV status I have HIV test at 179 after exposure the test was HIV 1 and 2 p24 cmia test and the index value is 0.09 and the result was negative. I am in great tension and little bit confuse about the window period can you please tell me the exact window period of HIV test. And is cmia test is accurate as compare to Elisa test. And two days before can make any difference in test. I also had 3 test at 3 month the index value was 0.07 and at day 42 the test was negetive and the index value was 0.07.

Dr. Sabyasachi Majumdar
Dermatologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata
Consult Dr OP Gangwani at Paschim Vihar near Jwala Heri Market.