Pus in urine

Hi there My daughter of 4yrs suffers with pain and burn in her lower abdomen. After the urine test,reports came back that she is passing puss in urine. Dr suggested ultra sound Which is still not done. I want to know the easy solution for this problem and what is the root cause of this problem in children. thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on Pus in urine

Ur Daughter is suffering from UTI,(Urinary Tract Infection) where the above symptoms r commonly known.&As Doctor also suggested her to get check up for Scan means to know any Calculi or Swelling etc (Nephritis r Cystitis)inside the Renal system.So that to give required T/t. Here its good to check once by Ultra scan test to rule out the Deep reasons,chronicity of the infection etc for proper T/t aswell not to allow further progress too. Regarding precautionary &preventive measures, She need to take more water abt 3-4 litres minimum/day regularly irrespective of her thirst&to maintain proper Hygienic measures abt Pvt parts...cleaning after voiding urine, not holding urine for long time, proper washing of Under garments, cutting short of nails to avoid getting infections from outside. Let her finish minimum 1/2- 1 litre of water in morning itself with empty stomach is very good for cleaning all excretory organs ingeneral. Make her to get Hsbituated it forever as once the tendency started,it will have chances to flare up any time in future. TC.