Pus boil at back
I am diabetic.i got a pus boil at my lower back.I consulted a general physician and he said it is type of sinus boil.Since it is a second time happening he said will have to do surgery to remove that part of skin.Please advise what it exactly the problem
55 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Dermatologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹350 for 24 hrs

Greetings. Yes, sinus is a kind of a blind " tunnel " that opens onto the skin and as a result of collections and secretions, it can get infected and you would have symptoms like that of a boil. If it is a confirmed sinus, better get it removed surgically. Sinus in the upper buttock / sacral region may be a pilonidal sinus.
Health Tips
see a qualified surgeon near you
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?