Punctate stain
Hi doctor, my father suffered from herpes-zoster recently and during his eye checkup Doctor suggested he had a punctate stain. He advised tear drops, moxicip eye drops and a virson gel to be put in eye 4 times each a day. So far my father hasnt complained any problem in eye sight but I forgot to ask if he can watch TV in this condition ?? Can any of the doctor please advise. Also i want to know does he need to wear dark glasses in home as my father doesnt go out. Your help is much appreciated. Thank u

Dr. Arjun Kumar Singh
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 39 yrs exp Patna

You can watch TV and there  no need to wear glasses. It seems from your question that cornea is involved in herpes zoster which occurs rarely in  advanced stage of herpes zoster and can lead to dimunition of vision as a complication. Kindly do not stop your treatment unless advised by doctor.