I was consultation from expert dermatologist doctor from hyderabad like Dr. V.K. Somani. My father in law has been suffering from psoriasis from last 10 years and has been prescribed medicines like dexomethasone injection, prednisolon tablate, clobetasol cream, and methotrexate table by local doctor, though it reduces the symptoms for few days be the problem reoccur after a month or so. Is there any solution to the disease

Doctor Answers (1) on Psosriasis

Psoriasis is a immune system mediated skin disease which can be brought into remission by certain medications and life style changes. Now its believed to be a multi system disorder involving joints, hearts and kidneys as well. A proper assessment to determine the severity of psoriasis should be made. Most of the patients do well if they stick to the recommendations. Meet a good Dermatologist near you. A lot of newer treatment options have emerged over the last few years. Discuss them with your dermatologist.
Meet a Dermatologist.
Steroids are used in very selective cases of psoriasis keeping the adverse potentials and risk of relapse in view.