Psoriatic arthritis
I have had psoriasis as since 6+ years and am currently on methotrexate , sometimes when I miss my medicine for 2+ weeks I get joint pain on my toes and fingers and few other places. I would like to know what analgesic can be taken along with methotrexate safely to prevent the arthritis

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

Consult rheumatologist. Sulfosalysilic acid will decrease your pain but take it under guidence. Dont skip methotrexate,problems will increase.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition. There's no permanent cure for it. But it can kept under control. When it involves the palms and soles it can cause joint pain. Firstly it is important to get a x ray done to see any bony changes. Secondly you cannot stop and take methotrexate on your own like that. It is a immunomodulator drug. It can cause adverse effects if you don't follow it regularly. So kindly consult a dermatologist for further evaluation.
Dr. Bhavneet Singh
Pain Management Specialist 12 yrs exp Amritsar
Consult rheumatologist
Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello..... You shouldn't miss medicines, methotrexate decreases cell division and proliferation... Analgesics only relives pain.. There’s no cure for the condition, but newer medications can control it so well that it goes into remission,consult orthopedic surgeon...