Psoriasis problem

Sir . I'm having paoriasis problem from very long .. On my hand and scalp.. Please suggest me some precaution for it . I really want to end this

Doctor Answers (1) on Psoriasis problem

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Medicines for psoriasis depend on type of psoriasis you have and how it affects your daily activities. You have to remember that most types of psoriasis (except guttate psoriasis) are recurrent. Winter, smoking, alcohol and stress are the four main enemies of a psoriasis patient. Also psoriasis tends to flare up when you have an infection like a sore throat, urinary infection or viral fever. Medications usually keep psoriasis under complete control and vary from simple ointments to immunosuppressive medicines. A new group of medicines called biologicals are available which selectively block only some of the chemicals causing psoriasis and give very good response but are quite expensive. Sunlight and summer season are helpful for psoriasis patients as the lesions completely disappear in summers. Please visit me or any dermatologist near you to discuss the best option for you. Don't stress yourself out as it will only make your disease worse. Psoriasis is a very common problem and there are several people leading a normal life by using different kinds of medicines whenever it flares up. Take care. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore