Psoriasis sir

I'm suffering from psoriasis since from 2years it can't cure there is no medicine for this and lots of hairfal and sclap and red patches it came to nails how many days it takes to cure and food control and what are the precautions may I knwo

Doctor Answers (1) on Psoriasis sir

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Psoriasis is now not considered only a skin disease. There are many changes happening in the body in psoriasis and it must be treated like diabetes or hypertension (systemic disease). If treated well it can be kept fully under control. There are various medicines available from creams and ointments to tablets to newer medicines called biologicals. The choice of medicines depends on lot of factors like severity of disease , surface area of body involved, previous medicines taken and whether any other problems like arthritis (psoriatic arthritis) is present. Newer medicines are quite expensive but are needed in certain severe cases. Please visit a dermatologist near you who is well versed with the latest developments in psoriasis. I cannot vouch for alternative forms of medicine that claim to cure it. There are certain types of psoriasis (guttate psoriasis) that completely disappears whether a patient takes allopathic or alternative medicines. Most people use that to claim they have a cure. There is no restriction to diet in psoriasis except that you must avoid food which has cholesterol (as there is increased risk of hypercholesterolemia in psoriasis patients). This includes all fried food and red meat (mutton, beef, pork). Fish is good for psoriasis. Smoking, alcohol, stress and winter season are enemies of psoriasis. They cause psoriasis to flare up. Therefore, avoid cold climates (tropical coastal weather is good), alcohol, smoking and do not let stress affect you. For stress control methods like yoga, pranayama breathing, meditation, working out, dancing, singing etc should be part of your daily routine. Hope this has helped you. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore