Psoriasis - methotrexate

I have psoriasis from last 4 years. One of my doctor told me about methotrexate. But he asked me to know more about that. Is it suggestable to use that. Is there any side effects with that.

Mr. Nagaraju D
Dermatosurgeon 3 yrs exp Hyderabad

Dear patient.. Depending on severity and mental stress associated with psoriasis doctor prescribed methotrexate... But before starting methotrexate there ll be battery of tests and during the course also there ll be regular check up and tests to be done... Apart from monitoring methotrexate is used in psoriasis patients for fair improvement...
don't take self medication with methotrexate.. as it is schedule h drug with lot of caution is advised..
Dr. Aditi Deshpande
Dermatologist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Methotrexate is used when psoriasis involves more than 25 percent of body surface or if it is not responding to topical application (application of creams).u will have to do your blood test like complete blood count,liver function test,chest xray before starting it.side effects are there like nausea and changes in your blood parameters , infection.
kindly mention the extent of involvement of your psoriasis
kindly contact dermatologist before starting methotrexate