Psoriasis - Grey hair med

I have psoriasis patches on my scalp, and in this early age i have mostly grey hair, i am confused that is it because of the disease i have or might be something else (please explain this), & can you suggest me some medication or a hair dye suitable for me?

Doctor Answers (1) on Psoriasis - Grey hair med

Hi greetings. Reversing grey hair to black is indeed among the tough results to show to a patient since this is a multifactorial problem. Since in most it's genetically mediated, it's tough to reverse or treat. However there are certain peptides and newer molecules application of which may be worth a trial. It's also important to rule out hormonal irregularities and nutritional deficiencies. Increase intake of oral anti oxidants. This may not be related to psoriasis. You could try vegetal hair dye. Meet a dermatologist near you for further advise. Hope this helps. Dr Govind S Mittal, Excel care hospital.