PRP for pattern baldness

Hello, I am a 26 year old man experiencing Male Pattern Baldness from past 6-7 years.As I don't wanted to further lose my hair I started taking Finasteride 1 mg from past one year along with 5% Minoxidil. Now I am planning to add PRP into my regimen. So my question is, will regular PRP sessions help in retaining the hairs which I have at present? I don't want new hairs to grow, I just want to retain what I already have for another 15 years. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (2) on PRP for pattern baldness

Dr. Meeta Desai Ahmedabad | Dermatologist
Yes it's definitely a good option.
Certain Dermatologists advice procedures like PRP therapy, platelet rich plasma therapy when needed which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP is rich in components needed for the hair to grow and become healthier. However it is a top-up treatment and has to be done in parallel to the main medications for hair fall.  PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. The cost of single session widely varies depending upon manual PRP preparation or automated and the expertise of the dermatologist. For manual prepared PRP it should be in the range of Rs 5000 to Rs 7000 for a single session, however this is an estimate.
Finasteride and Minoxidil 5% should be continued in my opinion.  PRP is an accelerator therapy but cannot replace the core treatment.