Progesterone values

Hi doc.. I had my embryo transfer 8 days back.. Yesterday my blood values estrogen 156 and progesterone 6...i thought my progesterone values are too low. So iam worrying is there any chance to get positive pregnancy

Doctor Answers (2) on Progesterone values

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, There is 25-30% chances of having a successful IVF cycle. Progesterone values are just an indirect idnicator of having a successful IVF. I would suggest you to wait until you miss your next periods. Once you mis your periods, get a beta HCG test done for more accurate pregnancy result. Wishing you a healthy and successful pregnancy. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in Green Park, New Delhi along with your medical investigations for further evaluation. You can mail your contact details so that I can reach you.
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your query regarding progestrogen values in early pregnancy.
There is a 25-30 percent chance of success per IVF cycle.

Progestrogen value post IVF is only an indirect indicator of success of IVF cycle. I'm sure you must have been given supplemental Micronised Progesterone tablets to ensure there is no luteal phase defect post embryo transfer. Moreover, it is too early post ET for progesterone value to have prognostic significance.

I suggest you wait until your next missed period for Beta HCG or ultrasound to give a more accurate prediction of your successful pregnancy.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde