Problem with body fat..

Hi current weight is 46.5, my self pear shaped body(heavier lower body and small upper body). i started working out from 2 months and lost 5 kgs, now the problem was my upper body became too much lean.. is that possible to gain upper body muscle without gaining fat . please suggest me any protein powder and diet plan.

Doctor Answers (2) on Problem with body fat..

Dr. Manaswini Mullapudi Bangalore | General Practitioner
Hi, congrats on the successful weight loss! It seems that you have reached a good target weight so now you need to work on maintaining the weight and toning the body. Since you've not mentioned what kind of exercise you've been doing, I'm going to assume that you do more cardio (Exercises like running, walking, cycling, skipping, that increase the heart rate) Though these are excellent methods of weight loss and a must to be included in your exercise regime, the problem arises in cases like yours, where you have more fat to lose in certain areas than others. What you need to do is, make alterations to your exercise routine and include upper body toning exercises like lifting weights (2kg dumbbells) with moderate repetitions. This way, you will build up your upper body muscles, so that it looks toned and not skinny. Strength training is an important component of getting fit. Include this at least 3 times a week. Also, include a lot of proteins like eggs, lentils and legumes in your diet. Stay hydrated! Good luck!
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Weight gain happens either due to addition of extra calories or due to failure to spend calories consumed...these extra calories deposited in our body as fat..for weight reduction you have to consume less calories and spend more...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, fruits...do regular exercise at least 2 hours a day..Consult dietitian they will do the needful.