Prematurely white hair

My problem is my hair become white prematurely..my age is 21..can anyone please help me to come out from this situation and treatment that my hair will become black again

Doctor Answers (4) on Prematurely white hair

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. we need to find of the cause of such premature greying. it could be due to nutritional deficiency , some scalp infections or something else. Kindly consult a dermatologist in person for further evaluation and management, it would be better. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. White hair occurs due to 2 main reasons. One is hereditary. If it's due to hereditary, then no treatment will help it. You have learn to live with it. Secondly it can be due to vitamin deficiency. In such a case, supplementing with the required vitamins might help the cause. But it will take about 4 to 6 months to see the treatment. Kindly consult a dermatologist. They will examine you and then treat accordingly.
Dr. B Rajashekar Bangalore | General Physician
hello get melanin levels done hair analysis done consult dermatologist and decide bye
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Some people unfortunately develop grey hair early in life. It is genetic in most cases. There are medicines available for premature greying of hair. But response to treatment is very vairiable. You could get a prescription from a dermatologist near you and try for 3 to 6 months. If you find no improvement I would suggest you use a hair dye and not worry about it.