Pregnency Motion sickness

Hi,
My wife is 7 weeks pregnant. I have morning sickness(motions sickness) from past two days. Earlier it was fine. How can I overcome this problem. I'm taking plenty of water and even I'm having bananas as well. Please suggest what to eat to avoid morning sickness.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pregnency Motion sickness

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you are suffering with morning sickness.
You cannot overcome the sickness completely because it is a healthy response to a pregnancy that has implanted in the womb and is releasing the pregnancy chemical into your blood. (in simple terms). You can decrease the unpleasantness by having a dry piece of toast first thing when you wake up before even brushing your teeth. At other times a piece of raw ginger along the gums can help. You can learn about anti nausea acupressure points on the internet or else your obstetrician can prescribe some tablets for you to take at night so that the morning sickness is not so bad.
You should expect to feel nausea in some form till about 12 weeks gestation after which things may start to settle.In the meantime it can be a god idea to imagine this as your baby expressing its preferences about taste, smell texture etc This can reframe the discomfort and make it more tolerable.
with best wishes