Pregnancy with dry eye
Hello I'm first time pregnant and my precious pregnancy is of 3 months now. I am having complaint of dry eye and wearing spectacles since 10yrs. My eyes cant tolerate wind or draft of fan or a.c. opthalmologists advices for lubricant eye drops and nothing more then that. I dont want my baby to suffer this. What precautions should i take?my gynec gave me medicine named REKFA( omega).should i start the same and continue till 9 months? Please advice..

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

YOUR EYE DRYNESS IS NOT GOING TO AFFECT YOUR BABY. OPTHALMOLOGISTS ARE CORRECT, YOU HAVE TO USE LUBRICANT DROPS. THERE IS NO OTHER TREATEMNT FOR YOUR CONDITION
Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Gynecologist 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi,first of all Congratulations for your pregnancy. Rekfa is good for baby's growth. For dry eyes other then lubricants you can pour water over eyes 5 to10 times a day. If working with computer consciously blink your eyes 20times at 20 minutes interval.Take good quantity of liquids.