Pregnancy related to epilepsy
My age is 35 I am suffering from epilepsy I am taking lamitor dt 100 tablet . I am for planning for pregnancy gyanocology told u will have birth defect baby and u will be in high risk I am not fit to become pregnant

Lamoitor and Levetiracetam are relatively safe during pregnancy. You can plan for pregnancy and continue taking folic acid supplement. Risk of birth defects due to these 2 newer drugs are much lesser than the other anti convulsants. However risk of developing seizure during pregnancy is higher , so you need dose adjustments and close monitoring.