Pregnancy Related

Hello Doctor, my growth scan today shown 28weeks 2days where as doctor says it's supposed to be 30weeks 2days. Is this a problem.. there is 2week growth lag says doctor.. also my amniotic fluid is 8.2 and doctor says it's little less. Wat r the remedies for this both for correcting the growth lag n increasing amniotic fluid.. will it be harmful.. doctor suggested for repeat scan after two weeks for monitoring growth lag n fluid levels.. Currently am on argitas sachets n Aminofit capsule one per day along with iron calcium.. please advise ..

Doctor Answers (2) on Pregnancy Related

Dr. Parag Patil Thane | Gynecologist
Hi, when ever sonography is done the average age of the baby is estimated based on measurements of the baby's bone lengths and head and tummy circumference.........the average of this is the age that the doctor gives on the growth scan..........In your case it is lagging by 2 weeks......this could mean that the baby is not growing as per expected counting from the last menses date.......Many ladies are not sure of this date and this is the commonest problem in identifying such "lag in growth" .......But if your earlier scans have shown a proper growth and the lag is seen NOW, it could mean the baby is not growing as per expected.......This could be due to lack of nutrients in diet ( especially proteins which are the building blocks of the human body )......... But rest assured it doesnot spell doom......it is easily recoverable and hence the medicines that are given to you are right. They are proteins in simplified forms......... Regarding the amniotic fluid which is slightly reduced, it is also reduced either due to its less production or leak.....are you having any leak from vagina? Combining both of these, it could be a problem of the placenta's function which is the barrier between you and the baby and it is the one which transfers nutrients from your body to the baby.......also it produces the amniotic fluid....... we will have to wait and see how the growth and amniotic behave. If the fluid goes on decreasing, then the gynecologist will decide what to do about it........But usually it grows ......Just keep on drinking good amount of water about 2.5 liters per day...and take protein rich diet
Dr. Vijyaben Patel Ahmedabad | Gynecologist
Can you give me previous sonography report ? to compare all parameters.Send two ultrasound reports as PDF files.J just now with all your medicines start Cocoanut water 200 to 250 ml twice a