Pregnancy problems

Am 30 weeks pregnant with 2 weeks growth lag. i.e., am supposed to be 32 weeks. Mine is natural pregnancy.. I have low amniotic fluid 9.6 doctor says. But in 28 week it was 8.2 (which is again low itself )Am on L-Argnine sachets and Aminofit tablets (daily one) along with iron and calcium. Wat other medications do you suggest.. my doctor says wil test amniotic fluid for any chromosomes problems bcoz water is not increased inspite of medicine L-ARGNINE .. is this right diagnosis. Am really worried. Pls suggest ..

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
Infertility Specialist 12 yrs exp Latur

No need to test amniotic fluid as it's of no use right management is now to see effect on baby by doing serial sonograpghy with doppler... U can have amino drip iv infusion with saline , u please drink water like medicine, take coconut water along with that... Only keeping check on amniotic fluid and fetal monitoring with doppler can decide right time for delivery...
Dr. Rujul Jhaveri Gujarathi
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Basically there is no worry as of now as it's keeping around 8cms. As per new criteria is should be more than 5cms. And doing amniocentesis at this stage is of no use. It should have been done prior to 20weeks. Even if anything comes abnormal, you can't do anything. So it's waste of money. And as far as my opinion I don't think it is required at all to go for amniocentesis. With all your medications, try to pull your pregnancy as far as possible. You can do daily fetal kick count, which should be more than 10 in 24 hours. If anytime decreased fetal movement then immediately contact your Gynaec. Be registered at tertiary care hospital which has good NICU back up.