Pregnancy problem

Undergoing for pregnancy treatment but not able to conceive normally .so want to go for IUI treatment can u please help me by telling me exact process of IUI .I m a working women so want to know the treatment process about the days we have to consult the doctor so that I can plan my dates and timings as before.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pregnancy problem

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. IUI ie intrauterine insemination is procedure where your husband's semen is directly placed into uterine cavity.. it's usually done at the date when you ovulate around 14th of your cycle if you have regular cycles.. serial ultrasound wil be done to know when you ovulate then you'll be called that day.consult your gynecologist for further advice about the procedure. They ll do the needful... Usually IUI is performed if there is sperm count of.more than 1million but for successful intrauterine insemination 10million sperm count is needed, of which atleast 5 million should be motile.. lesser count less chances of success.. after IUI please rest well for initial 4-5 days, then have more nutritious foods, no heavy works or stress, only light walking is allowed, have positive thoughts, be calm and relaxed.. hope this helped you.