Pregnancy - medicines

My Wife had three mis-carriages (two was Bio-Chemical out of them) in past. Now she is four month pregnant. All the routine test results are normal and baby growth is good. As a part of prescription, my doctor has advised her Loparin 40mg (Subcutaneous use) daily along with other medicines. This is continued from 8-9 week of pregnancy and doctor is advising to carry on till 36 week. The injection is bit painful and leaves swelling for 2-3 days. I am bit concerned that is is the right injection for such a long time considering daily dose ? and is it have any side-effect on my wife and/or expected baby. Please advice

Doctor Answers (1) on Pregnancy - medicines

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern and feeling... Considering the history you have provided your wife must be having antiphospholipid syndrome...loparin contains enoxaparin...Use of enoxaparin 40 mg subcutaneously daily in patients with recurrent pregnancy loss due to antiphospholipid syndrome resulted in higher live birth rates....your doctors would have calculated pros and cons of this therapy...if you want to keep pregnancy patent you have to go according to your doctors advice...regards.