Pregnancy Issue

My partner had last period on 4th September & we had unprotected sex on 12th September & at 18th hour after unprotected sex she took I-Pill by Piramal Healthcare.Is it possible for her to get pregnant? How soon can we go for a pregnancy test to get 100% accurate result ?
views-icons 271 Views 3 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Navpreet Buttar
Gynecologist 16 yrs exp Patiala
You had unprotected intercourse at day 9.of your cycle. And you took I PILL at day 10. For a 30 day cycle, the fertile period ranges from Day 12 to Day 16. The I PILL has been taken  within the required time period and hence should protect you, though a failure rate of 5 percent is documented in literature. Now  either have abstinence or use a barrier method till you get your periods. But a more reliable mode of contraception should be followed. The urine pregnancy test may come positive within a day of missed period.
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank for your question. You can do a pregnancy test if she misses her period and it is delayed by 7 days. There is a risk of pregnancy however small with unprotected sex midcycle. Taking the ipill doesn't guarantee she won't be pregnant although the risk is less than 5%. Please consider more reliable contraception for future if she is not pregnant this time. Emergency contraception is never as good as regular contraception hope this helps