Pregnancy and sex
Hello, I am now 24 weeks pregnant. Is there any problem in doing sexual intercouse and oral sex ? How many times can do sex in a day? If having sex daily will cause any problems? And up to which day I can have sex before delivery? Is there any special sex positions during pregnancy?

Dr. Veena Vidyasagar
Gynecologist 35 yrs exp Bangalore

Dear Practo user, There is no problem in doing sexual intercourse at 24 weeks of pregnancy in case there are no complications and the act isn't uncomfortable. One can continue it till the end if all the parameters related to pregnancy are normal.
Dr. Shikha Shah
Gynecologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

See ideally there is no period in pregnancy where u cant have sex... as long as u dont have history of previous abortions or twins or placenta praevia u can have sex as many times as u want. Position is whatever u r comfortable in.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Until and unless you have had a history of pregnancy complications or abortions, you can have intercourse with your partner as much as you are comfortable with. There are no specific conditions meant for pregnant mothers. Also, ensure that your placenta is upward facing and not downwards.