Pregnancy and periods
My periods for this month was supposed to be by 7th but till now it hasn't. I'm having pain in abdomens, back, hands and legs as well. I'm feeling weakness. I tested using one step urine HCG pregnancy test but it was negative. So I am worried about this situation. And I want to get pregnant. Kindly help me out. Thanks.

Dr. Harisha N L

Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle