PREGNANCY & INFECTIOM

I am concerened that I am having Yeast Infection. From 2 days I am having itchiness outside my vagina as well as burning sensation. The discharge is white in color and it smells really bad. Secondly, I am not having periods from 2 months. I did the home pregnency test and its negative. I ate HP Forte pills bt nthng hpn

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question Since you have already tried treating your self but have not got relief I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist so that they can examine you and determine the cause before giving correct treatment. Sometimes even after treatment you may have some sensitivity till the inflammation settles down. This can take up to a week after the infection has cleared. Your doctor may do additional tests to determine why you got the infection. Additional measures that can help are to wear cotton underwear, use panty liners that can be discarded several times a day, clean with warm tepid water, dry thoroughly, avoid strong smelling soap or washes, and avoid cleaning inside the vagina with anything including water. Hope this helps