Prediabetes control

My mother had gone Hba1c test yesterday, the reports of which came today and its 5.7 for her, which means she is diagnosed prediabetic. Can you please suggest some nutrition tips, and some simple exercises which she can do while alone at home. I am a working professional, so most of the times there is no one to look after her. It will be great if you give a complete itinerary about how she should plan her meals for the day, and what should be avoided and what must be taken religiously. Please it would be of great help and assistance as i want to see my mother healthy, and smiling always. Thanks in advance
views-icons 40 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Prediabetes control

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello...... She is not diabetic ,she can manage with diet. She shouldn't take too much of sweets, non veg. Wheat and ragi is the best cereals for diabetic patients... She must have more fiber containing vegetables....,plan diet with these according to your convenience