Post pregnancy behaviour

This query is on behalf of my wife, she delivered a baby last October. But ever since her delivery she seems to behave very abnormally. She is depressed always, and keeps blaming people around and is she not consistent in talks.
Is this a normal behavior post pregnancy? Or does she a psychiatrists held? Or can I ignor
views-icons 51 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Post pregnancy behaviour

she could be suffering from post partum depression. Due to harmonal changes after delivery, it could arise. Kindly consult a psychiatrist for effective treatment so that she can be back to her normal self at the earliest, lest care of the child and herself could be affected.
Hello,
Your wife needs to be evaluated in detail.
It is nearly one year since delivery. Mild changes in mood usually settles in 2 weeks time following delivery..Any problem.which persists beyond this period needs to be evaluated. Please see a psychiatrist to diagnose and treat her as soon as possible.