Post pregnancy behaviour
This query is on behalf of my wife, she delivered a baby last October. But ever since her delivery she seems to behave very abnormally. She is depressed always, and keeps blaming people around and is she not consistent in talks. Is this a normal behavior post pregnancy? Or does she a psychiatrists held? Or can I ignor

Dr. Naresh Vadlamani
Psychiatrist 23 yrs exp Hyderabad

she could be suffering from post partum depression. Due to harmonal changes after delivery, it could arise. Kindly consult a psychiatrist for effective treatment so that she can be back to her normal self at the earliest, lest care of the child and herself could be affected.
Dr. Divya Shree K.R
Psychiatrist 15 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, Your wife needs to be evaluated in detail. It is nearly one year since delivery. Mild changes in mood usually settles in 2 weeks time following delivery..Any problem.which persists beyond this period needs to be evaluated. Please see a psychiatrist to diagnose and treat her as soon as possible.