Post delivery issues
My wife delivered a baby boy 2 months ago (normal delivery). She still has the problem of bleeding and she's suffering. Doctor said it will be there till 3 months of delivery. If this is a common problem? Please suggest the way out to reduce her suffering. And she's getting numbness in her legs while feeding the baby. Is this because of lack of adequate blood? Please advise

Dr. Lakshmi H K
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi,please get one Scan -USG Pelvis to see any abnormality in the uterine cavity.

Hello. Well yes few women will face such bleeding...need not worry about that...it will reduce gradually as I am sure that the bleeding in only minimal...secondly the numbness could be due to maintaining a single position for a long time during feeding..and yes may also be due to anaemia...do not panic..when you go for follow up routine examination has to be done...thank you