Popping Ears-CT scan attd

For past 2 months, I have abnormal sound in my left ear when I swallow/yawn. I am also feeling tightness in muscles around jaw and throat. My throat get vocal strain if I speak or sing even for short duration. Left side of the forehead pain sometimes. Current Diagnosis after Sinus CT Scan: Attached CT Scan (NCCT of the PNS) and diagnoses of 2 senior doctors. 1st ENT Dr. – This can be cured only with surgery. Furamist Nasal Spray can give little relief but will not cure. No medication can cure this. 2nd ENT Dr. – There is no need of surgery as I can hear properly, there is no nose blockage, I don’t snore, and there is no breathing problem. He gave 7 days medication and advised specific deep breathing exercise (anulom-vilom pranayama) and Nosowash(like jal-neti). Impedance & Hearing Tests- OK Can some see my attached CT Scan Report and advise if I really need to get surgery done? How risky is surgery? And will the problem increase if I don’t get surgery done?
views-icons 68 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Popping Ears-CT scan attd

Dr. Sandeep Dachuri Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
What troubles you the most? If it is the sound in the ear- or pain in the throat ? What kind of sound is it? Is it present only during swallowing or is it present always ?