diabetes-icon
Polycystic ovaries
I am not getting my period and have put on weight aft having tablets I am not getting my period please suggest how to reduce polycystic and get my regular period

Dr. Narendra BS
Diabetologist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
I would like to know what tablet u have taken for your periods that has caused weight gain. For periods to become regular in polycystic ovaries, you may need to take the medications regularly for 12-18 months, along with healthy lifestyle & regular exercise. Because weight gain can be associated with polycystic ovaries, which together can cause irregular menstural cycle & other metabolic abnormalities. I would suggest pls visit an Endocrinologist & take opinion, polycystic condition is treatable. Thanks.