Polycystic

Hie , I recently got diagnosed with autoimmune hypothyroiditis , in my visit to endocrine she had asked me to do further test like DHT and ultrasound of abdomen pelvis My DHT results are normal But my ultrasound shows bilateral polycystic ovaries , with mutiple small follicles arranged peripherally , what does this means , my periods are very much regular and no changes in weight . What does this indicate please help . Is it different from pcos? And also difference between pcos , pcod and pco . And also please suggest is cytomid correct medication for it

Dr. Disha Sridhar
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Please read my blog on PCOS and thyroid pill posted on Practo health feeds. All these imbalances have the same root cause. Absolutely you can heal from all the above. I will be glad to help you if you choose to heal yourself. Regards. Dr.Disha.
Dr. Ashwini S
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Bangalore
Polycystic ovaries is not a disease but a cluster of signs and symptoms where u can have irregular periods, increased body hair growth, excessive or very scanty bleeding pv and infertility. If u do not have any of them you don't have to treat the scan finding. Treatment is based on your symptoms. Cytomid is a medicine used for ovulation induction and don't take it without doctor's supervision. Only thing you should do is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and don't put on much weight.