Poly cystic ovary (PCOD)
Hi, I am a 26 year old lady from Hyderbad, India. I got married 4 years back. 6 months before my marriage, I was diagnosed with PCOD (polysystic overian syndrome). My height is 5 feet 6 inch and weight is 66 kg. My menses cycle is not completely regular. Sometimes it get delayed and discharge is also variable many a times. Now I am planning to conceive but very much worried about my health condition. Is this PCOD curable? Is my BMI is proper to conceive a baby? What are the possible dangers of pregnancy in this condition and if their any, what is the solution?
28 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S
General Physician 3 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello there..... . If you're trying to become pregnant, you may need a medication to help you ovulate. Clomiphene is an oral anti-estrogen medication that you take in the first part of your menstrual cycle. If clomiphene alone isn't effective, your gynecologist may add metformin to help induce ovulation... Consult Gynecologist for further advice....
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.