Poly cystic ovary (PCOD)

Hi, I am a 26 year old lady from Hyderbad, India. I got married 4 years back. 6 months before my marriage, I was diagnosed with PCOD (polysystic overian syndrome). My height is 5 feet 6 inch and weight is 66 kg. My menses cycle is not completely regular. Sometimes it get delayed and discharge is also variable many a times. Now I am planning to conceive but very much worried about my health condition. Is this PCOD curable? Is my BMI is proper to conceive a baby? What are the possible dangers of pregnancy in this condition and if their any, what is the solution?

Doctor Answers (1) on Poly cystic ovary (PCOD)

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... . If you're trying to become pregnant, you may need a medication to help you ovulate. Clomiphene is an oral anti-estrogen medication that you take in the first part of your menstrual cycle. If clomiphene alone isn't effective, your gynecologist may add metformin to help induce ovulation... Consult Gynecologist for further advice....