chest-icon

Pneumonia in both lungs

I travelled to hills after a long time got breathing problem four days back have been in ICU since 4 days...doctors have told I have pneumonia in both lungs. The h1n1 test have come negative ...I want to recover and go back home and I want to know when my life will be normal again ...I am a smoker and drinker I smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day and drink twice to thrice a month...I want to know can I continue this after I have recovered completely and will I have the risk of having pneumonia again and I want to know about the weakness of my immunity system.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pneumonia in both lungs

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.....pnumonia is curable disease....but should be identified because treatment is based on etiology.... You should stop smoking.... Rate of recovery depends on extent of damage... If it's bacterial infection antibiotics are given... Don't try tracking and all........ ..