chest-icon

Plueral efflusion effects

3 yrs ago i went for 8 months treamnt for pleural efflusion, after that water was drained but i had slight pain in left breathing in, dr. Said its okaya, it will go away jst need to know is it the after effect of PE ? Will the pain ever go as i m alwys afraid even slight couhing makes me think is the problm reoccuring is my tension genuiene

Hello there. I can understand your concern.  You havent mentioned the cause of your pleural effusion. In india as mu colleague already rightly said TB is a leading cause of pleural effusion. Kindly get yourself checked out by a pulmonologist in person. Get adequate treatment and then the pain will definitely go. Do not worry about that. If you are a smoker i would definitely encourage you to stop smoking. Best regards.  Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore
Dr. B Rajashekar

hello yes there is a condition called dry pleurisy which can cause it consult a good chest physician and decide bye
Dr. Pankaj Kumar
General Physician 10 yrs exp Delhi

It occurs after drainage of PE... you have to take treatment for PE..In India most common cause of PE is TB.. so it is better to show a chest physician