Pleural effusion
My husband had a fever from past 6-7 days. Doctor suggest for test. All the blood test are normal but x-ray nd ultrasound is not normal . There is pleural effussion according to the report. What will the further procedure. And what can the possible cause.

Hello there. I can understand your concern . Further course of treatment depends on how much fluid is there. If its too much, they will do a drainage and test the fluid. They will also give some antibiotics. Infections when they become too much lead to pleural effusion. Consult a pulmonologist in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.