Pimples since 3 yrs

Actually I have a large amount of pimples on my face since 2014. I tried treating it from a local doctor but results were not seen. After that I tried Ayurveda then too results were not seen. Please suggest me what should I do

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimples since 3 yrs

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course-  prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by a qualified dermatologist near you - for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring.
5. Chemical peels for acne and spots.
Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards.