I am suffering from pimple problem all over my face. This has been only in the last one year. However I feel I have crossed my puberty stage where we tend to get pimples. Can I have a solution for this apart from any medication, as I am not much into medication?
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. Medications may be needed for initial control
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary.
Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.