Pimples and scars

I have pimple problem as well as scars. I did not find any satisfying treatment in my city Bhopal MP. The dermatologists say scars don't go? I want the best suitable treatment(without future reactions) for my face. Please let me know the Fee and procedure of the respective treatments. Also please mind that I'm far from Mumbai.Please let me know if I can mail you a picture of my face and then you can tell me if the whole is curable or not. Waiting for the reply. Thanks and regards Madhur

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimples and scars

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream
3. Antibiotic agents short course-  prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots.
Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.
Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.