Pimples and pores

I suffer from a very oily skin..therefore always i have pimples.. And when the pimles leave..they have a left pores in the cheeks... The cheeks of my skin are no more plain. Have tried all the medecines prescribed.. They have resulted temporary relief.. But the pores have no effect.. Plz help me to reduce the oily skin,the pimples and the pores. As for these i feel very shy to meet up with the society.. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimples and pores

Hi. Greetings. Getting pimples a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger/ any pcos and need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars, pores are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.