Pimple and scars

Suffering from pimples and acne and black spots since 2 year .please kindly suggest me the best medicine to get rid from them.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimple and scars

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You'll need lifestyle changes. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help to you. 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. Send pics of lesions and further queries on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.