Pimple & pimple marks

Lot of pimple & pimple marks on my face... Will anyone guide me any safe practice to avoid pimples or any ointment/medicine's...!
views-icons 152 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimple & pimple marks

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
There are lot of treatment options for pimples. It depends on the type and grade of pimples you have. There are lot of over the counter anti pimple medicines available. However if you want good results I would suggest you consult a dermatologist near you. Treatment can vary from tablets to creams/gels and facewashes. There are also procedures like chemical peels that help to reduce both the pimples and pimple marks. Generally when I treat my patients the first 1 or 2 months will focus on stopping new pimples from developing and then you could start using anti marks creams. Procedures can be done after a month of medical treatment depending on your response to treatment. If you are responding well to medicines you will not need any procedures. You can follow these general measure before you visit a dermatologist. Wash your face with an oil removing cleanser 2 to 3 times a day. Avoid all oily food and high protein food. If you are taking any supplements stop them unless you have a deficiency of some vitamin. Do not scratch or pluck your pimples as it leaves dark marks. Eat healthy food like fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water. Have an active lifestyle that includes atleast one hour of exercise. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore