PIH pigmentation

I had four sittings of co2 fractional laser.after 3rd sitting I got light brown patch on sides of my cheek.it got lighten after forth sitting . My doctor gave me Q Switched for it.will it help me to remove the patches?or should I go for some other option?
views-icons 33 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on PIH pigmentation

Dr. Anchal Shah Ahmedabad | Dermatologist
Greetings . Kindly send recent photographs of your face to help you out better. Generally , brown patch post CO2 laser can be due superficial burn or inflammatory hyperpigmentation . Best option is to strictly avoid sun, use effective sunscreen regularly.
Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
It should help... and your dermatologist must have given you some cream to deal with the pigmentation, so do use that as well. Don't worry, there is no scarring, so the marks (PIH) will fade. In how much time is a little difficult to say... but it usually takes 25 to 40 days if the PIH is restricted to the epidermis.