Pigmentation mark on lip

I have got a random dark pigmentation mark on my lower lip. I regularly scrub my lips and moisturise them with petroleum jelly especially before sleeping. It's been about a month the mark is still the same. I don't smoke or drink and there's minimum sun exposure too. There was no injury or anything for it to occur. Please advice. Thanks

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Do you think this has come up after you consumed some oral tablet (for any reason)? What I can suggest is to stop scrubbing because it will only aggravate your pigmentation. And go visit a dermatologist allopathic near you . An examination of the oral cavity mucosa and other body parts is needed to rule out other pigmentation disorders. And like I said, try to figure out if you had any medication at all before this came up.. or if  this gets aggravated on ingesting any oral tablets.