Pigmentation mark on lip

I have got a random dark pigmentation mark on my lower lip. I regularly scrub my lips and moisturise them with petroleum jelly especially before sleeping. It's been about a month the mark is still the same. I don't smoke or drink and there's minimum sun exposure too. There was no injury or anything for it to occur. Please advice. Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Pigmentation mark on lip

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
Do you think this has come up after you consumed some oral tablet (for any reason)? What I can suggest is to stop scrubbing because it will only aggravate your pigmentation. And go visit a dermatologist allopathic near you . An examination of the oral cavity mucosa and other body parts is needed to rule out other pigmentation disorders. And like I said, try to figure out if you had any medication at all before this came up.. or if  this gets aggravated on ingesting any oral tablets.