Hie i am 23 year old female , I had acne but after proper treatment and medication its subsided now, but I have got pigmentation on my face and shoulders how do I get rid of it and how long does acne mark takes to fade Please help Also I am an autoimmune hypothyroid and have normal weight and regular periods

Doctor Answers (1) on Pigmentation

Hi. Greetings. Pimples may often leave spots especially if not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards.