Personality issues..

Hello doctor, A long ago I have read a book called 'The Secret'. The same author have published a series of self improvement books. I have read most of the books. These books are very complicated to understand. But whenever I feel hopeless these kind of self improvement books have provided me some good amount of motivations. All these books says about positive thinking and the way we attract good things in our life by doing so. I'm very much admired by these books. I need to start doing all these things. But I lack in motivation. I wanna become a successful person in life. I always dream a life filled with happiness all around me. I do also have a mixed personality. I really don't know what I like and what I don't like. How to acquire a strong and loveable personality? And what should be my next step towards success? Should I first consult a psychiatrist or a psychologist? Please help me with these issues. Thank you.
views-icons 114 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Personality issues..

You might require psychiatriac evaluation.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. From what I understand is that you need counselling by a psychiatrist. Talk to him, tell him what all you are going through. You sound confused, you say those books provide you good amount of motivation and next you say you need motivation. Try to figure out what you need and make small goals for yourself. Small and short term goals when achieved will give you great confidence. Make a decision as to what you want to become and work towards it rather than thinking about what you lack and stuff. Consult a psychiatrist for counselling. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.