Persistent neck pain

I am suffering from persostent neck pain and its not going away inspite of using ice pack ,hot water bag, exercises. I have had a back injury about 2 years back which resulted in slight wedging in lower back . this caused me a lot of discomfort and pain. I had to use belts and have attended physiotherapy for months. It got healed but because my job is a sitting job back pain started developing. I had my posture maintained, have been using lower back support. But the back pain always persisted although reduced so much that i dont really care. Now the problem has become complicated about 2 months back. I started developing neck pain. I have tried stretching exercises, yoga and had been using water bags. But all to no avail and the pain keeps going on. Also got tested for spondalytis. Thankfully i havent got it . I also need to visit a doctor. Please suggest should i visit a physiotherapist or a chiropractor or a neurologist?. In the mean time please suggest anything to get some relief.

Doctor Answers (1) on Persistent neck pain

It will be better to consult your orthopaedic surgeon. You must ensure that proper ergonomic position is maintained while working in the sitting position. In the mean time continue with your yoga exercises and physiotherapy.