Persistent cough
My wife is having cough and it is there for almost more than a month now. The cough j's very mild with few occurrences in the day time and gets bad in the night. We consulted two physicians and both rooted for allergy. We did lots of tests as well. The cbc test result was around 12. 72 thousand. We also did an IgE test whose result was 19.45 and a PFT whose results were normal. We took medicines as advised by the doctors but of no use. Now I am sort of feeling helpless as the cough seems to linger around. I need suggestions regarding the same. Should I consult an ENT specialist or any other specialist this time Oz we've already consulted two physicians, or should I go to them once more.
45 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

Please consult an ENT SURGEON and get a video laryngoscopy done. This could be due to acid reflux also as she is getting cough especially on lying down. Get a chest X-ray also done. Dr Sandeep Dachuri, Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.