Periods problem

My periods started on 7th of this month instead of 13 and the flow was very low. Some time it stops...the pad was clean and starts sometimes..this continued upto 16 of this month. Then it stopped i thought its over now... but then started on 20th of the same month again the flow is very low... didnt not took any medicine this month. Pls help and guide

Dr. Harshini.V
Gynecologist 5 yrs exp Bangalore

First u can rule out pregnancy if there is possibility in ur case . If it's negative then wait , if it repeats Consult your gynecologist for examination
Harisha N L

Scanty periods has many possible causes...it can occur in women who have diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it can be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.