Light flow in periods

I have been observing light flow during my periods. Earlier it used to be normal for 3-4 days with heavy flow during night but now it has reduced to 1-2 days with very light bleeding. But the period cycle is always regular. Here is the history of treatments. I was under medication for Rhinitis for 10 months. I stopped these medicines while I was taking acne related medicines like accura and Diane 35 for 1 months. I took chemical peel also for acne treatment. It has been now 3 months since I left all the medicines. Kindly suggest what is causing this problem as we are planning baby. I delayed it for 1 months due to this problem. Do we need to consult doctor or change in lifestyle?
views-icons 96 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Gynecologist 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi, as you have acnes and disturbance in cycles, is it associated with weight gain and/or coarse thick hairs on limbs? Do you have upper lip hairs? Usually above signs and symptoms are associated with pcos.Also periods gets delayed and or scanty with weight gain. There for if you are planning for baby, better consult your Gynecologist and go for baseline workup.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
You are going into a serious hormone imbalance called Adrenal dysfunction. It needs proper evaluation and systematic approach for healing . Please fid a Doctor who really understands hormones or read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.