Periods lasting for long

Dr. It's my 8th day still there is bleeding usually my periods last for 4days this time I got clots for 4 days and minimal bleeding for rest 4days and as it's 8th day I m lil worried what to do any medications ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Periods lasting for long

Dr. Jyotsna Gupta Delhi | Gynecologist
if this is the first time you had excessive bleeding then you can take tranexaminic acid tablets available in the market . and better get ultrasound lower abdomen done to look for cause .
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.....If this thing is happening for the first you need not worry.... If its recurring then you need to get evaluated....Kindly consult Gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment....